Monday, January 4, 2010

Seahawks

Yesterday Jenny and I went to the last Seahawks game of the year. Jenny's friend Mike gave her the tickets, at around 10:00 on Saturday night, the text came through from Jenny saying that she didn't have anyone to go to the game with - which I took as an invitation. I was thrilled to have even made it on her list, as my entire family thinks I don't like sports*. So, Sunday morning, I dug throug the closet to find my Seahawks shirt and sweatshirt, grabber my raincoat and headed to Jenny's. We left her house around 11:30 for the 1:00 game, and made it there in time to see Ken Griffey Jr. raise the 12th man flag! That was an awesome start to the game, and the place went nuts when they saw him.

Jenny and I went into the game with a very honest inventory of our beloved Hawks - they kinda stink. We didn't expect too much from them, but we were determined to have a good time. This was only further ensured by the free hot dog and bottle of water they gave away for fan appreciation. The game wasn't terrible, but we, of course, lost. We got a couple cute pictures at the game. We definitely looked like we had never been to a sporting event - but it was my first Seahawks game (there is a slight chance my dad took me to a game a really long time ago when they played in the Kingdome, but I don't remember it at all).

The view from our seats

We met the Seahawks mascot - Blitz

All in all, it stayed mostly dry, and we had some hilarious neighbors. Thanks for inviting me Jenny. It was tons of fun!

*I don't much care for golf - live or TV, and baseball on TV. I am a huge fan of all other live sports. I go to all the Husky football games, love hockey and think basketball is a hoot.

3 comments:

sedona said...

It was a good game- even thought they might pull it off there for a while. still can't believe you saw us come in- wish I had seen you guys :)
Here is a high note a friend of mind said about the game after:

"at least they didn't jeapordize their draft pick" :)

♥ Ms. Rosenthal said...

You need to steal the pic with the bird. :) It has to go on here.
Sed - we heard some guy after the game say "Yahooooooo! The season's over!!!" It was sad, yet oddly funny.

The Game Log said...

i can't believe that was your first game at the new stadium. just wait until they're good again, you can't hear yourself think.