Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Another Dose of Reality

At 23 weeks, it's gotten to the very exciting point in my pregnancy that our little man's punches and kicks can be felt from the outside. Do to some anatomy positioning, I've had to wait a little longer than most women to feel his kicks at all. It's only been a week or so that I've been able to tell its actually the baby moving and not just gas or something.

I was curious if it was strong enough for people to feel so I was checking the outside of my stomach after drinking orange juice. Sure enough, I felt the jab from the inside and the outside. Pretty exciting for us, but he won't be on a "regular" activity schedule for another 3-4 weeks, so its been hard for Paul to catch it. Never the less, its pretty darn exciting, and just more proof that this kid is happy and healthy. I'll take as much of that as possible!

2 comments:

The Game Log said...

does the kick/punch feel different on the inside?

Jackie said...

Yeah, I guess so. It's definitely a bizzare feeling on the inside. It truly feels like exactly what it is - someone it pushing on my stomach from inside. From outside, well I'd imagine you know what that feels like from your sisters...