Thursday, June 4, 2009

Classic TV

As I get settled into my new work schedule, I am rediscovering the joys of morning television. Each morning, after Paul leaves for work, I get my laptop and climb back into bed. I turn on TBS and watch 4 episodes of one of the greatest sitcoms from the 90s: Saved by the Bell. I know, I'm a nerd, but I love it. I only wish I could find the Cosby Show in the mornings, but alas, no. I've been patiently waiting to get out of the lame 1st season with Ms. Bliss, Mikey and Nicki so that the glory that is AC Slater, Kelly and Jessie can come back into my life. Not only did it finally happen, my FAVORITE episode was on this morning. Season 4, Episode 24: Slater's Friend. For those of you not familiar, its about Slater's pet chameleon named Artie. The lizard dies, and there is a funeral in which Jessie sings a special version of "Oh Danny Boy" with the alteration "Oh Artie Boy." It's just simply amazing.

It put me in a great mood for the long day I had. Long story short: Sleeping in... good. Laptops... good. Saved by the Bell... GOOD :)

0 comments: