Monday, June 28, 2010

Nursery Furniture

The furniture for the nursery was delivered today. It's more beautiful than I could have ever imagined. When the guys were done building the crib and getting everything in place, I went in to look. The combination of pregnancy hormones, the reality that my son could arrive anytime in the next 4-5 weeks, and just the fact that we have been given this amazing gift (both the furniture and the opportunity to be parents) was too much for me to handle. I started sobbing. The poor delivery guys thought they screwed something up, but then they realized they were (mostly) tears of joy. They were the nicest guys and were super impressed with my scale visio diagram of where everything was to be placed in the nursery. They weren't here more than an hour, and everything was ready to go.

All we need now is the mattress to go in the crib and some clothes to fill up the drawers... I'm pretty sure most of that stuff will magically appear in the next few weeks after the shower my sister and cousin are hosting. Reality is definitely setting in that we are indeed having a baby, and I am getting anxious and ridiculously excited!


0 comments: