Monday, July 9, 2012

25 Down, 15 to Go

At 25 weeks of my pregnancy, I am feeling all kinds of things - both physically and emotionally.  Physically, I am tired, occasionally nauseous and I seem to have heartburn 24 hours a day.  That being said, its such a privileged and blessing to be pregnant with this little peanut.  For someone who has wanted to be a mom as long as I can remember, and not being sure that would ever happen, I cannot put into words the feeling I have preparing for motherhood for a second time. At our 18 week ultrasound, we found out the baby is a girl!  Both Paul and I were shocked, and thrilled for this news.  Perhaps the person who was most shocked of all was my nephew Aaron.  At 5 and a half, his initial response to finding out I was pregnant was "again? why?"  Then he proclaimed that I should have 99 more babies, and they should all be boys.
He doesn't seem to heartbroken about the fact that we're having a girl.  He's not all that interested in the baby at all. I think this is because JJ is finally at an age where they can play together.  While JJ is still much smaller than Aaron (and likely always will be) he is old enough to understand most things, and can play and rough house enough to make it fun.


In other news, JJ is officially off the bottle.  This change has revealed a child with a voracious appetite.  He suddenly eat all kinds of things, and it hungry all the time!  In a matter of days, he's become the pickiest eater to what seems like a boy with a teenagers appetite.  He still didn't make the charts at his 2 year checkup, but he is perfect in every way, despite being less that 3% of every other child :)


Things at the JCC are going great.  JJ loves his teachers and has good buddies in class.  He is there 3 mornings a week, and really enjoys himself.  He rarely cries when I drop him off, and often doesn't want to leave when its time to come home.  His vocabulary is blossoming every day, and his words are beginning to form into small sentences.


It's a really fun time for us and we all feel super blessed to be able to share it with our friends and family.


I will make my attempt to update more often, but life seems to be moving at such a break-neck speed, that it doesn't seem too likely.  Nonetheless, I'll do my best to keep everyone

Some photos from the last few months