Monday, October 15, 2012

Here we go!

I just finally got JJ down for the night. Yes it's 11:30, and yes he's only 2, but tonight was a special night. This was the last night that our family will consist of 3 people. The next time I walk through the door of my house, I will be the mother of 2 children. It's a very surreal feeling knowing that in about 12 hours everything is going to change. It's an amazing thing, and I can't express my gratitude to be able to bring another little person into this world.

I know JJ will be a fantastic brother. He is extremely excited - at least he thinks he is - to meet his baby sister. We've been talking a lot about the baby and it's possible he actually understands some of what's about to happen. But even I can't comprehend the level of change that the Kleinstein family is about to undertake.

Paul and I just finished setting everything up in the baby's room. Her furniture is scheduled to arrive in the next couple weeks, so we've got the temporary stuff in place and it looks pretty good for what it is.

The bag is packed, the carseat is installed, and we are ready to roll first thing in the morning. Stay tuned for an update sometime tomorrow. Hopefully the whole process goes smoothly and we'll be holding our little girl by lunch time. A girl can hope, right?

0 comments: