Thursday, December 18, 2008

Snow Day

I have always loved snow days.  I think that making snow men and snowball fights are a fundamental part of winter.  I'm not afraid to drive in the snow, though I prefer not to.  I don't mind bundling up and treking through the blizzard.  I enjoy watching my dog frolick through the snowy grass.  

This year for the first time ever, my office is officially on "work from home day."  It is 10:40 AM and I am still in bed.  Granted, I've been up working since 7:00 AM, but I am in my pajamas watching TV.  

For the last 2 years, I've fought my way to the office on snow days.  I hike to the bottom of the hill and wait for what seems like eternity for the bus to come.  As I said, I don't mind driving in the snow, but if I can let someone else deal with the hassle of the other drivers, I'm all in favor.  

Its been super nice to be able to work from home this year.  I get cold just looking outside.  Its still snowing - or maybe snowing again - at my house.  The traffic looks miserable, and the weather reports don't show much hope for improvement.  

I'm just awfully glad to be home today, with my husband, working from my bedroom :)

0 comments: