Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Lunchtime Disaster

Okay, it wasn't truly a disaster... but it was totally lame.  I went to the pub next door with a few friends from work to have a burger for lunch.  We were sitting having a great time, chatting and laughing.  The waitress brought our food and then brought us a bottle of ketchup for the table.  I took the bottle and started shaking it.  I didn't even think to check to make sure the cap was on... which it wasn't.  
The good news is, I only flung ketchup on myself.  The bad news is, I flung ketchup on myself.  It sucked.  The restaurant was dark, so the 3 friends I was with didn't even see it happen, nor could they tell me where is landed.  All I know is that I had a nice glob in my hair, some on my jacket and a bit on my neck.  Luckily, I'm wearing dark clothing.  I suppose if you like ketchup, it would be a lovely attractant.  For me, I just feel like a walking hamburger.

One thing's for sure: I'll never shake another ketchup bottle - or any other type of shakeable bottle - without checking the cap.  Also, if you work in the food industry, please try not to give people bottles that aren't closed properly.  Its just an accident waiting to happen... as illustrated by yours truly.

2 comments:

The Game Log said...

in your hard, huh? hehe.

i've had ketchup squirt on me lots of times, it sucks. but much better than mustard, no?

Jackie said...

Totally better than mustard... and I fixed my typo :)