Monday, August 17, 2009

Beach Bummin'

Today was the second day of my summer beach bum-hood. I use the term "beach-bum" very loosely, because I don't spend much time actually at the beach. I tend to just end up being a "bum" during my time here. I've spend the last two mornings vegging out on the deck reading trashy magazines and checking sutff out online. Then I watch some equally trashy TV while the family heads over to the beach. Around 3:00, when its not so deadly hot at the beach, I meander over to check it out. I spent two hours on sunday and 2 hours today relazing under the umbrella and watching Paul and my 2 nieces play in the water. They were having a great time.

I came back to the house to be the first in line to take a shower. Few things in life are worse than a cold shower. I like to secure my hot water by bathing while no one else is home. Generally, the family comes back around 5 or 5:30, and the tank has had time to replenish itself for everyoneto get a nice hot shower.

We are watching the Little League World Series right now, because the Somerset Hills team is from the town where my Brother In-law lives. All the little boys on the team are friends with my nieces. They are playing Staten Island, and we are hoping for a big fat W tonight.

All in all, not much excitement, but I couldn't be happier to be here. Getting some much needed R&R and spending time with family that loves me, and whom I love.

1 comments:

♥ Ms. Rosenthal said...

Have fun doing nothing! I'm jealous!