Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Wakeup Call

This morning I arrived at work as I do any other day.  I went into the kitchen to put my lunch in the fridge, and our director of Tax walked in to make himself a cup of coffee.  He made a joke about my Halloween costume and then harassed me about the plethora of microwaves we currently have in the office. We made small talk and he said he wasn’t going to be in the office today because he was attending a continuing education course at the Seattle Sheridan.  It was a nice, normal morning at team Brighton Jones.  About an hour later, the phone rang in the office and one of my co-workers, Terri, answered the call.  It was the security guard from the Sheridan calling because Eric had just collapsed and the paramedics were working on him.  After he was taken to the hospital, we found out that he had a heart attack.  He’s only 37 years old – the same age as Paul.  I’m totally freaked out and I’m wishing him a full and speedy recovery.  As if this past year wasn’t enough of a wakeup call, I now even more of a reason to be healthy and stay on top of you regular check ups…

2 comments:

♥ Ms. Rosenthal said...

Oy, how scary! :(

Amanda said...

Oh no! I hope he's ok??? :(