Saturday, November 1, 2008

Not So Lazy Weekend

Its Saturday morning, and here I am awake and still tired. Somewhere in my feeble mind I decided it would be a good idea to start teaching religious school at my synagogue in Bellevue. Granted, I love my students and thoroughly enjoy teaching. I teach 6th grade on Sunday mornings and 8th grade on Tuesday nights, and both are really rewarding and I have a lot of fun. What I do not enjoy is the fact that it basically eats up my entire Sunday, and my Tuesday evening. So again, here I sit on Saturday morning, already 2 loads of laundry done, and only 30 million left.

I have been so busy the last month with work, volunteering at the temple, and just life in general, that my house is in desperate need of TLC. I am not a neat and tidy person by nature, so it takes a lot of effort for me to keep things in order. Paul used to be on the same boat as I am with the cleanliness, but somewhere along the lines, he became a wee bit of a neat freak. So every few weeks as I get farther behind on my "chores," Paul and I have a bit of a tiff over cleaning, which stinks.

My new plan is that I'll wake up on Saturday and take care of all my laundry and other stuff before Paul wakes up. Granted, today is shot, because I think I'll literally be doing laundry until I go to sleep. Holy crap, I have a ton of clothes! If I had one wish it would be for a house cleaning fairy. Well, that's not really true, I would use one wish in a much better way, but it sure would be nice!!!

The dryer is buzzing, so off I go. Think a happy cleaning thought for me.

2 comments:

♥ Ms. Rosenthal said...

You are so funny. :)

Jackie said...

I don't feel so funny... I hate cleaning. Its not so much to doing of the laundry as much as the folding and putting away that I loathe.